3100 Gravois Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63118
Office: 314 865-2662
Fax: 314 652-3542
Types of Epoxy Coatings
Epoxy floors and epoxy coatings are becoming increasingly popular for use as commercial and industrial flooring. There are a number of different types of epoxy coatings that can be used on floors including self leveling epoxy coatings, self-dispersing epoxy coatings, mortar epoxy coatings, graveled epoxy coatings, epoxy terrazzo coatings, epoxy antistatic coatings, and vapor barrier epoxy coatings. Each of these types of epoxy coatings offers distinct advantages and disadvantages when compared to the others.
To learn more about these types of epoxy coatings or to determine which type of epoxy coating is best for you, please contact the epoxy floor coating experts at Advanced Environmental Services.
At Advanced Environmental Services, we offer the professional installation and application of a variety of epoxy coatings and epoxy flooring solutions. Our epoxy coatings are ideal for a variety of types of commercial and industrial buildings including air plane hangars, manufacturing facilities, distribution facilities, warehouses, residential garages, commercial garages, pharmaceutical plants, and laboratories. We offer the application of epoxy floor paints which result in the creation of a hard wearing, durable surface as well as epoxy vapor barrier application to prevent moisture penetration through concrete subfloors.
To learn more about how we can help you with either of these types of epoxy coating services, please feel free to contact us today.
Epoxy Coating Choices for Flooring:
- Self Dispersing Epoxy Coatings for Floors: This type of epoxy coating is commonly used in areas that receive frequent forklift or heavy truck traffic as it has very good mechanical strength. Another type of this durable epoxy coating is self dispersing epoxy with quartz sand. This type of epoxy coating is commonly used in food processing industries or other locations where liquids are present because it has good anti-slip characteristics.
- Self Leveling Epoxy Coatings for Floors: Self leveling epoxy coatings are easy to install over new and old concrete floors as they level easily creating a seamless and smooth surface. Self leveling epoxy coatings can be used in kitchens, dining rooms, storage places, garages, warehouses, office buildings, and more.
- Mortar Epoxy Coatings for Floors: This is the strongest of all epoxy floors. This type of epoxy coating is commonly used in heavy industry applications and can also be used to repair cracks before lying other types of epoxy floors.
- Graveled Epoxy Coatings for Floors: Graveled epoxy coatings are the most decorative epoxy flooring choice and they can be used for adding logotypes, brand marks, and decorative details to floors.
- Epoxy Terrazzo Floor Coatings: This type of epoxy flooring is very decorative and easy to clean. Epoxy terrazzo flooring is commonly used in large areas including hallways and entrances of commercial buildings, schools, and office buildings.
- Epoxy Antistatic Floor Coatings: This specialized epoxy coating is designed for use where static-sensitive electronic components are in permanent use and a static-free environment is most important such as in laboratories, hospitals, and electronics equipment manufacturing plants.
- Vapor Barrier Epoxy Coatings: Liquid epoxy vapor barriers are applied directly over concrete floors to provide an impenetrable surface that reduces vapor transmission to nearly zero. These epoxy coatings are typically applied prior to adding the final flooring surface including sheet vinyl, tile, carpet, or hardwood floors.
- Epoxy Flaked Floor Coatings: This is not exactly a type of epoxy flooring, but rather a style of applying epoxy coatings. With this epoxy flooring technique, multi colored flakes or chips are added over the epoxy coating while it is still wet in order to provide a decorative finish or look.